Deadline for submission: June 15th, 2022
The length of the texts must not exceed 50,000 characters (notes and spaces included).
Send contributions to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org together with a brief CV of the proposer.
The texts can be in Italian or English. Papers must be accompanied by an abstract in English (max 1500 characters, spaces included), together with five keywords.
The essay will be part of the next release of TELLŪS Journal which is issued twice a year.
TELLŪS journal collects different content such as academic essays, interviews, book reviews, excerpts, poems, translations.
Possible trajectories to go through for the forthcoming issue:
- animal-human relationships in contemporary novels and essays, (book reviews), suggested titles:
Peter Godfrey-Smith, Metazoa: Animal Life and the Birth of the Mind (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux; First Edition, 2020)
Melody Jue, Wild Blue Media Thinking through Seawater (Duke University Press 2020)
Steve Mentz, Ocean (Bloomsbury, 2020)
Peter Godfrey-Smith, Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux; First Edition, 2017)
- imagery, symbols, and tropes in ecological poetry
- more-than-human world, studies on language
- ethical implications and theories (Derrida, Coetzee, Oliver)
- water mythology and creatures
- endangered animal threatened species.