Call for Papers: Exploring Soundscapes and Landscapes
We invite scholars and researchers, writers, translators and eveyone interested in the subjects mentioned above, to submit their papers for the upcoming edition of our journal, Tellūs. focusing on the captivating intersection of Soundscapes and Landscapes. This interdisciplinary gathering seeks to deepen our understanding of the dynamic relationship between sound and space, and we welcome contributions from various fields of study.
Topics of interest encompass, but are not confined to, the following:
1. Acoustic Ecology: Examining the impact of human and natural sounds on landscapes and ecosystems.
2. Sonic Art and Installation: Exploring how sound can be used as a medium for artistic expression within natural and urban environments.
3. Cultural Soundscapes: Investigating how sound shapes cultural identity and influences cultural practices within different landscapes.
4. Urban Soundscapes: Analyzing the sonic characteristics of urban environments, noise pollution, and strategies for acoustic urban planning.
5. Natural Soundscapes: Understanding the significance of natural sounds, their preservation, and their role in human well-being.
6. Sound Design in Media: Discussing the role of soundscapes in film, gaming, virtual reality, and multimedia productions.
7. Ecological Sound Studies: Focusing on the study of sound as an indicator of environmental health and biodiversity.
8. Historical Soundscapes: Exploring how soundscapes have evolved over time and their historical significance.
9. Landscape Acoustics: Investigating the acoustic properties of various landscapes and their impact on sound propagation.
10. Bioacoustics: Studying animal sound communication and its role in understanding ecosystems.
– Papers should be original and not previously published.
– Submissions should follow our specified formatting guidelines (below)
– Please submit your papers to associazione[at]wefeelgreen.org along with a brief author biography.
Submission Deadline: [December 31, 2023]
Join us in exploring the multifaceted relationship between Soundscapes and Landscapes. We look forward to receiving your papers. For inquiries and additional information, please contact us.
Formatting Guidelines for Paper Submissions
To ensure consistency and readability, please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing your manuscript for submission:
– Papers should not exceed 25,000 characters, spaces and references are not included.
– Include a title page with the paper title, author names, affiliations, and contact information.
– Follow a clear and organized structure with sections such as Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, and References, if any.
Font and Margins:
– Use a readable font (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial) with a size of 12 points.
– Maintain 1-inch margins on all sides of the document.
– Use double-spacing throughout the entire document, including the body text, references, and appendices.
Headings and Subheadings:
– Employ a clear and consistent hierarchy of headings and subheadings to organize your content.
– Use bold or italics for emphasis, but avoid excessive formatting.
Citations and References:
– Follow a widely accepted citation style for in-text citations and the reference list.
– Ensure accurate and complete citations for all sources referenced in your paper.
Language and Grammar:
– Proofread your paper for grammar, spelling, and language accuracy.
– Ensure clarity and conciseness in your writing.
– Submit your paper in a docx file format.
– Include a brief biographical note (maximum 100 words) about each author, including their name, affiliation, research interests, and relevant publications.